programmer, & cetera
Hyde Park, Chicago, IL
I co-own Parallactic Consulting,
a small programming company in Chicago.
Hire us for Ruby on Rails development
and custom technology solutions.
- I sing and play drums with roomtemp, which released linoleum sessions in 2016.
- My dog and I have been volunteering for Sit Stay Read, a Chicago non-profit bringing dogs to classrooms to help kids read, since 2015.
- I've edited and published the Moomers Journal of Moomers Studies, a print magazine, since 2012.
- I co-organized RailsBridge Chicago, a non-profit offering free programming workshops for women, from 2014-2016.
- From 2009-2013 I played drums, sang, and wrote music with The Moral Hazards, which released Too Big to Fail in 2011 and Jobless Recovery in 2013.
- In 2011 I wrote the text adventure game Wetlands, which took third place in the 2011 Spring Thing contest.
- In 2006 I graduated from the University of Chicago with degrees in linguistics and computer science.
- In 2000 I co-founded the Shakespeare Generation — an all-Shakespeare theatre company staffed entirely by people under 21 — and served as managing director from 2000-2003.